Re: [Question #46131]: Installing ubuntu-eee on 901: How to partition?

Agustin Lobo is still having a problem:
Jonathon,

Those are approx.times (using battery power):

action min:sec
press switch 0:00
select boot  0:02
login menu   0:44
hit return after entering username and passwd  0:55
ready to use: 1:50

As these machines are normally for one single
user, I wonder if the login menu could not be bypassed.

Anyway, booting time is the only disadvantage of ubuntu-eee
vs. xandros as far as I've seen up to now. I use suspend a lot,
particularly in the field where conserving battery power is critical.

What about yours?

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)