Re: [Question #46718]: How to use 32gb ssd? (Eee PC 1000)

PJO proposed the following answer:
Well... I'm no expert but if I can help puzzle it out I'll be glad to
help.

You should have the following SSD drives at least

/dev/sda1 (8Gb)
/dev/sdb1 (32Gb)

Can you run terminal (it's a good think to drag to the top panel) and
enter the following command

df > df.txt

then post the result here.

You'll run into permission deleting files if you are not the owner or
root. If you run terminal and enter the command

sudo rm filename

you'll be able to delete the file. Pressing ALT-F2 and entering gksudo
nautilus will allow you to run nautilus as root and to delete whatever
you want. You can inspect the permissions on files with

ls -ls

and can change the permissions with

sudo chown

and

sudo chgrp

I've since come across the following on drive mounting options:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EeePC/Using#Reducing%20Drive%20Writes

but I haven't yet looked for a reference for the options. If you find
one let me know. In principle we should have the same setup.