[Question #47184]: EEE Ubuntu won't boot from SD Card

Hi,
I just downloaded 8.04.1 iso and installed to an 16gb SD card using UNetBootIn.

When I boot my EEE 701 (XP installed on "hardrive") and select the SD Card, I get :
- Please select boot device, and select USB: USB2.0 CardReader SD0
- I then get UNetBootin menu and select "Try Ubuntu without ..."
   The command line for this is "/casper/vmlinuz initrd=/casper/initrd.gz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper  quiet splash --"
- The Ubuntu splash appears, with the progress bar bouncing left to right ...
- After a short time the bouncing stops and the progress bar starts advancing left to right.
- After a few more seconds, a splash screen appears with the words "ubuntu eee" and nothing more happens.

This splash screen is red at the top, green at the bottom with some curves. The colour gradually changes from top to bottom. I haven't seen this screen in any screen shots online.

Nothing more happens. Even if left for an hour.

The mouse works, but there's nothing to click on.

The only keys that do anything are the Fn keys. Volume Up/Down, Brightness Up/Down. They seem to do what they should. The volume displays the same graphic XP displays (supplied by eee hardware I presume) and another volume status which I presume Ubuntu displays.

There isn't any menu, status bar or desktop icons.

Any help would be much appreciated