Re: [Question #47097]: How do I install VLC?

egon.geerardyn@xxxxxxxxx proposed the following answer:
you can install VLC via Synaptic. The regular Ubuntu guide provides an
answer at
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Hardy#Installing_VLC_Media_Player

Also make sure you have enabled the right repositories (there is little
harm in using universe, multiverse, non-free or other repositories
provided in Synaptic in the ' Sources'  dialog box). I think VLC should
be in the universe repository.

I also recommend you spend a bit of time getting to know the Ubuntu way
of working, the ubuntu guide is a great resource for that.