[Question #47334]: Cannot get a mms stream to play properly

Totem froze even with totem-xine installed.  This solution worked flawlessly in 8.04 LTS.  VLC worked, but became choppy, annoying and unreliable.  Forgot that Amarok did not play mms stream, but tried it anyway... worked a couple of times then came up with an unsupported format error.  The only thing that does work in the original Eee PC factory distro was Music Manager.  I don't want to go back there... unless there is a version of it under Ubuntu-eee.  Figured it had something to do with GStreamer, so I installed Elisa -- No Joy.   Also need a reliable way to play *.ram both audio and video.  Hopefully supported in the same app.

Thank You,

Burt B.