Re: [Question #47470]: Install on Laptop

WhiteRabbit proposed the following answer:
I've put Ubuntu on several systems and have run into issues with wifi
every time.  The latest system is a Gateway with a Celeron M.  I had to
check what wifi network chip was in the laptop and then you can download
a windows driver for the wifi nic and install it using Windows Wireless
Drivers.  This is a package you have to install ndisgtk if you don't
have it already.
https://help.ubuntu.com/7.10/internet/C/ndiswrapper.html

I don't have any good news though, perhaps you will have better luck.