Re: [Question #46926]: 701SD with Realtek wifi not working on fresh 8.04.1 install

WhiteRabbit proposed the following answer:
I have been having similar problems however, I don't know why when I run
sudo lshw -C network, my wireless card is shown as UNCLAIMED.  Does
anyone know what that means?

 *-network
       product: 88E8038 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
       vendor: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
       logical name: eth0
       version: 14
       serial: 00:03:25:46:e4:0c
       size: 100MB/s
       capacity: 100MB/s
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm vpd msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=sky2 driverversion=1.20 duplex=full firmware=N/A ip=192.168.0.134 latency=0 link=yes module=sky2 multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=100MB/s
  *-network UNCLAIMED
       product: RTL-8185 IEEE 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Controller
       vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 9
       bus info: pci@0000:08:09.0
       version: 20
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=64 maxlatency=64 mingnt=32