[Question #47509]: No internet on my eee Ubuntu

HI, i decided to wander into the dangers of linux by buying a eee pc. while i liked XAndros, i immediately fell in love with the images i have seen of eee ubuntu. however, ow that i have installed it, i can not get any internet on the machine. i have seen that others have had trouble with wireless connections, but i can't even get a wired one to go trough. in the network settings, the wireless displays all the correct info for connecting to my network, but no reaction from firefox. the ethernet is checked also, with the address saying dhcp, but no internet. could somebody please help out. i have been looking for a solution, but no luck. thanks guys