[Question #47595]: Asus Eee PC 1000 not supported?

Hi!

I just got an Asus Eee PC 1000 (with the SDD). Their Xandros is a gigantic piece of crap, but I'm not having any luck booting with a USB stick. I've tried both a Corsair and a PNY USB stick. Formatted to both FAT16 and FAT32. Both unetbootin-eeeubuntu-linux-276 and unetbootin_288_amd64 (I'm making it from Hardy x86_64). And both a Ubuntu Eee 8.04.1 iso downloaded from a torrent and from by direct download.

That's quite a lot of combinations. I should note that in the BIOS I've set the USB stick to have first boot priority, and am  doing ESC ESC during the boot screen and seeing the menu and selecting the inserted USB stick. I've also tried all 3 USB ports on the Eee. I'm now out of ideas! What else can I try?