[Question #47735]: remix desktop control

my netbook remix desktop on eee pc1000 was working fine, but then suddenly changed. Icons for battery, wlan, sound and time/date are now on lower left of screen, and application windows have no quit button. I cannot find method to  re-set desktop to default format with icons at top right. I cannot find any help for operations of desktop