[Question #47741]: installing on a SD card for the 900

Description changed to:
I'm been having problems trying to get eeeubuntu to work from an SD card
on my 900.. (I want to keep Xandros for now.)  unetbootin-eeeubuntu-
windows-238  worked - I can boot eeeubuntu but changes don't stick -
updates aren't there the next time I reboot.  So apparently I need to
formally "install" eeeubuntu using the installer that opens up every
time eeeubuntu boots. I did the following:

(1)  Installed eeeubuntu on a large (8MB ) flash drive using unetbootin-
eeeubuntu-windows-238

(2 )Booted eeeubuntu from the flash drive

(3) Ran the eeeubuntu install program to a 16MB SD card

When I try to boot eeeubuntu from the SD card nothing happens. Just a
black screen.

Thinking the menu.lst might be referencing the wrong drive I tried
different values: hd0, hd1 and hd2.  None worked.

Any help very much appreciated!!!!!