Re: [Question #47823]: Using KPPP with Sprint Sierra compass 597 on Ubuntu eee

Ken Jannot gave more information on the question:
New development: I noticed in Synaptic that there was a newer version of
KPPP, so I downloaded and installed that one.This time, when I started
that program, I got the error message,

"You do not have sufficient permission to run /usr/sbin/pppd. Please
make sure that kppp is owned by root and has the SUID bit set."

After clicking "Okay," I was able to set up the connection and modem,
and when I tried to connect I did not get the error message from my
first post--but nothing further happens past "logging on to network."
The program just hangs there.