Re: [Question #44874]: Conncting to internet through bluetooth

Ottar Grimstad posted a new comment:
In my first message I had downloaded Ubuntu eee with an erroneus torrent
link, so I got the old version and not the new 8.04.1. There the
description in the wiki and documentation worked.

When I installed 8.04.1 instead, I had the same trouble that you
describe. I tried some changing permissions on the pppd file and later
on chap-secrets and pap-secrets, but I am very little knowledgable in
Linux and eventually gave up.

I tried Mandriva instead. The newest version of Mandriva uses KDE 4
which gave me many error messages, but I installed gnome instead and all
the bluetooth utilities and gnome-ppp package and now I can use gnome-
ppp to connect to internet through a bluetooth dongle and my E66 (which
I think is very similar to the E71 in bluetooth and firmware).

I started to post questions on this forum, but I have got many more
answers on eeeuser.com.