[Question #47988]: how to remove default folders "links" from "desktop"

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Ubuntu Eee (Remix). In general I have no problem at all (except USB drive mount), and I think it is very nice distribution.

Now I'm customizing it a bit for my needs. I created folders in my home directory and I created short-cuts for them in Nautilus. They are also shown on right hand side on my desktop (or "home page" as it is translated in my language) which is very nice. However I also see some not existing folders there. I removed all Windows like folders: "My Pictures", "My Video", etc. from my "home" as I don't understand why I should sort files by type or extension.

Do you know how to remove this links, menu items, short-cuts or whatever it is?

Thank you
Arek

PS
Sorry for cross posting with forum.eeeuser.com but I found this place after I posted there, and this is probably the correct one.