[Question #48189]: WiFi not working at all under 8.04.1

I have an Asus Eee PC with 512MB RAM, 8GB SSD, and a webcam. I don't know what model it is exactly. I downloaded the 8.04.1 image and created a CD with it. I installed it using a USD DVD drive and everything went fine except that I don't have WiFi Actually, it seems the peripheral is not recognized at all and Skype does not seem to recognize the integrated webcam either. The ethernet port works fine though. I'm a complete newb when it comes to linux. What is the simplest way to solve those problems. I'm holding back from not installing XP. Please help me!