Re: [Question #48189]: WiFi not working at all under 8.04.1

Pizzaguy confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks "surfed" but I got tired and installed XP Pro. Everything worked perfectly after I upgraded the drivers from the Asus support site. Too bad the screen is too small but I can live with it just fine. If Ubuntu-eee had put out an image that actually worked out of the box as they implied it would I would have been very happy with it. But, this whole business of getting to install bits and pieces of software through an archaic terminal interface just reminded me of the hell I had to go through a couple of years ago just to make Ubuntu work on an old (5 year old) PC. Thanks but no thanks. I may give it another try in a couple of years. In the meantime, I'll enjoy XP.
Thanks again.