Re: [Question #48189]: WiFi not working at all under 8.04.1

cordel posted a new comment:
And I bet surfed is the only one that has contributed anything to this fine project. It has worked out of the box with all models prior to 1000 where they have changed the wireless card with one that so happens to have not been supported in the kernel. A working prospect is in the repo and I'm sure the next release will cover it. Kinda hard to support something you don't know is coming before hand.
Get over it, it takes time to develop and test to have something working for you which you probably never contributed for with time or funds in the first place.

I just bought my 1000 two days ago, loaded ubuntu-eee 8.04.1 last night.
Loaded the extra repo:
http://www.array.org/ubuntu hardy
http://www.array.org/ubuntu hardy-proposed

Plugged in an eth cable.

apt-get update

Done!

fn-f2 to turn on the wireless,
iwconfig ra0 essid "my-ssid" channel 11
dhclient ra0

and I'm on the wireless and finished, surfing the web, and installing
packages.

Asking questions of someone whom for the most part volunteers their time
is fine, bashing someone who has volunteered their time and you have not
contributed too just make you look like an @$$.

If I find the solution to setting things in the GUI, I'll submit a patch
here, but after I ask a few nubie of my own to insue I'm doing things
copacetic in the first place.