[Question #49039]: 901 wireless issue connecting to Vigor Wireless Router

Having real problems connecting my 901 Ubuntu eee wirelessly via my Vigor 2100 Cable router.

If I set the wireless to no security on the router I can connect my 901 not a problem. The moment I turn on wep or wpa or wpa2 I can't connect. All other devices in my house can connect including my Iphone 3g, Sony T2XP and my wife's Toshiba.

Just for info I was using Wireless Assistant  for setting up my wireless profiles.

Any suggestions please?

If I setup the profile within Wireless Assistant to a static IP of above my DHCP range it connects but then drops out again. When I try to connect again the Wireless Assistant crashes. I have checked DHCP pool on router and it is set to give out 100 leases and I am only using 10 leases on my LAN. So it can't be a DHCP problem on the router - just don't understand why it won't connect unless I give myself a static ip.

Footnote: Now trying the following

I have just installed WICD and I still can't connect to the router wirelessly with any form of security enabled.  I have reset and also rebooted the router. If I turn security off the 901 connects straight away?

Thanks