[Question #49059]: CPU Meter for Tray?

I'm running Ubuntu Eee 8.04 and the Netbook Remix on an Eee 1000H with a 1024x600 screen.

Is there a CPU Meter applet that will sit in the tray? Also called the Notification Area, I think. Just as the Windows Task Manager minimizes to a 16x16 dynamic icon beside the clock, I'd like to see something similar beside the loudspeaker, network, and battery icons. On the Netbook Remix desktop, most applications run maximized, so there isn't really space to run a CPU meter on the side.

I've tried the various CPU meters in gDesklets, but (a) they don't minimize, and (b) they consume 30% CPU just to run, which is unacceptable overhead. Gkrellm is a little better, but less than ideal.