Re: [Question #48953]: Ubuntu EEE compared to Xandros on 901

Jonathon Hodges proposed the following answer:
Hi Onan,
I can wholeheartedly recommend getting Ubuntu Eee.  I used Asus Xandros out of the box for about a month when I got my 901.  I was very disappointed, even when I tried it with the full KDE desktop, it reminded me of playing with my mother's first monochrome laptop in about 1992!

The Ubuntu Eee distro is so much better.  It looks really good and is
much much more stable.  You get a proper package manager (Synaptic) so
you can install pretty much whatever you want.  For example, I've since
installed Audacity and Evolution and they work fine.

The install was painless, the only odd thing was that I had to go into
the BIOS to re-enable the Bluetooth device.  Apart from that, no
problems. The Wifi even works better than in Xandros.

Get on with it!

Jon