Re: [Question #46552]: multiple desktops ubuntu eee

Axel Harvey requested for more information:
Okay, clarification. I didn't mean physical screens, as my use of the word "virtual" should have made clear. I meant the old-fashioned TTY screens that are still available in linux distributions. On my desktop Ubuntu system I can access six separate *virtual* TTY terminals by typing alt-F1, alt-F2, etc., and keep six separate jobs open on them - all of this in addition to the normal GUI screen. And this is really happening on just one screen; I switch back and forth between them.

I like the old-fashioned TTY screens. They are less distracting and less of a strain on my eyes. I don't need screens that look modern and glitzy (and will look dated in two years anyway).

Are these available in linux implemented for the Eee?