Re: [Question #49039]: 901 wireless issue connecting to Vigor Wireless Router

Toby gave more information on the question:
Is there a known issue with the eeepc 901 and WPA based networks?

As the following article even though based on Xandros suggests there is.
http://www.itwriting.com/blog/778-fixin … linux.html

BTW I have updated my kernel to 2.6.24-22-eeepc - believing this has the
latest rt2860 driver for the 901 ralink wireless chipset?

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=46519

What's new in 2.6.24-22-eeepc:
* Upgraded rt2860 wireless to v1.7.1.1

So I now have the latest driver but to no avail...

I still can't connect to any WPA based wireless networks. Is my issue
related to the rt2860 wpa driver issue?

Footnote: I will enable debug for WICD  when I get home from work and
will show log ouput, maybe someone could take a look and point me in the
right direction. Thanks