Re: [Question #49187]: home partition on sd card

Philarete posted a new comment:
Ok, it's not hard-coding, and you can still modify /etc/fstab. I did as i said because there is a bug in /etc/fstab which tells to ubuntu to mount every new hardware as CDrom ("/dev/sdb ..... cdrom" -> you can fix it by commenting this line (put a # before))
 However after three install i'm fed up and i think my way is more secure because (if i understood what i did ..... :-) ) the install process insert directly in /etc/fstab a kind of MAC adress (UUID=06ACF566... ext3 /home) which seems much more reliable. I don't know if i can insert a new sd card.  I'll try later: i've just finished installing compiz-fusion ! C u