[Question #50162]: Ubuntu Remix Menu Bar Gone

Description changed to:
I closed the panel at the top of the screen, because I was moving too fast and trying to get back to the default panel with the Ubuntu eee Remix install.  How do I get it back?  I tried instructions from some other posts.  No luck.
Lou

update:  I tried reinstalling the Ubuntu eee config files from synaptic,
and a restart.  Still no panel.