Re: [Question #49226]: Upgrading to 8.10 using update manager?

Bastien Continsouzas posted a new comment:
For the record, on my eeePC 900A, I upgraded Ubuntu eee 8.04.1 to 8.10
using the update manager and didn't notice any major breakage. Wifi is
still working. The theme was altered but this is not dramatic.

I followed the standard procedure
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading#Network%20Upgrade%20for%20Ubuntu%20Desktops%20(Recommended)

That being said, I cannot guarantee that nothing was broken. The update
manager told me it disabled some update sources but I did not check
which ones yet.