[Question #50259]: is the ubuntueee overclocked by default?

Hi! my question is that the ubuntueee is overlocked by default. 'cause I put on the Tray a cpu freq monitor, and when the eeepc demands, it goes to 900MHz. I don't know if thats real cpu freq.

And then I use an overclock utility, and the only change is that on stand-by the freq is 675MHz instead of 337MHz by default, but when the eeepc demands speed, it goes to 900MHz just like it was without an overclock utility.

What is true and what is a fake?

If both are true I don't see why to use the overclock utility..unless you want to burn your eeepc...

Thanks and sorry for my english.