Re: [Question #48800]: How do I uninstall 8.04?

rfu proposed the following answer:
Depends a little on how you installed the versions... I guess you have two separate partitions, one containing 8.04 and another one containing 8.04.1. In Grub you select which of them to boot.
Therefore, if you just want to get rid of 8.04, mainly you edit the /boot/grub/menu.lst file to delete the entries for 8.04 (most probably the file in the partition where you installed 8.04.1, if not, you also need to update the MBR, but you should be able to see this from the file whether it contains the options you see at startup).
Now basically you could delete the partition where 8.04 is located, but you should first think whether there is anything worth for a backup first :-)