Re: [Question #50787]: update manager wants to remove ubuntu eee

José M. López-Cepero proposed the following answer:
I can confirm this. I have been able to install all proposed updates
(without removing ubuntu-eee) in the following way:

 - Click 'Cancel' in the 'partial upgrade' prompt
 - Update using the button in the update-manager (as always)
 - Go into Synaptic (package manager) and click 'Mark all updates'. It should prompt you to remove eee-osd and to update eeepc-config.

You will lose the OSD graphics, but other than that everything seems to
work fine; the hotkeys will still be functional after the update,
suspend and hibernate work OK, etc. And it will then stop requesting you
to remove ubuntu-eee.

Well, the experience was not so perfect; I have a 904HD and I had a
problem with my wireless adapter - it seemed to think it was a Ralink
adapter, but it is an Atheros adapter. Thus, it wouldn't come up with
Fn+F2. I corrected the error editing /etc/default/eee-setup and changing
"/etc/acpi/eeepc-wifi-toggle.sh" to "/etc/acpi/eeepc-wireless-
toggle.sh", which did the trick. This is a bug in eeepc-config; I'll
file it accordingly.