[Question #50851]: "Partial Upgrade" problem keeps returning

Hi

I know there are other questions about the "partial upgrade" problem, so if this should be merged or deleted, i apologize.
But my specific problem is that when the update manager recognizes the need for a partial upgrade I lose wi-fi.  I can follow the instructions from the wiki:

http://ubuntu-eee.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Fix_the_problem_with_upgrading_and_installing_software_in_Ubuntu_Eee_8.04.1

This works temporarily.  Wi-fi is fixed and update manager stops asking for a partial upgrade.  But it always comes back (after a few reboots) and I have to re-enter the lines from the wiki page above in the terminal each time to solve the problem.  Is there a way to fix this permanently?

And thanks for a great distro

-Ben