[Question #51238]: Mac spoofing on 901

I can''t seem to change the mac address on my 901.

I tried ifconfig hw ether <mac> which didn't produce any errors but didn't change the mac either so I then installed the madwifi tools to try wlanconfig ra0 destroy but this just gives an error "ioctl: operation not supported".

I did some digging around to find out what drivers were being used and it looks like I have dirvers for atheros chipsets installed - it seemed to me this might be the problem so I found ralink drivers here: http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/2008_0708_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.7.0.0.tar.bz2 but they won't compile even after I installed all the headers I thought might be relevant.

Any suggestions - has anybody managed to alter the mac on a 901?