[Question #51423]: I can't install ubuntu-eee: the second SCSI disk of 32Gb which I chose for /home fails to be mounted as etx3

I successfully installed ubuntu-eee to an SD card from the USB stick. So I got to like ubuntu-eee a lot ...

Now I wanted to install it in the disk. My eee 1000 40Gb SSD claims to contain two disks:

sda: 8Gb
sdb 32Gb

So in the installation, I chose / for sda and /home for sdb.

The problem: the installation fails at:

"The attempt to mount a file system with typ ext3 in SCSI2 (0,1,0), partition #1 (sdb) at /home failed."
"You may resume partitioning from the partitioning menu."

So, what's up? I have no idea why it can't use the 32 Gb disk for /home.

I must mention here that I tried before to format, from gparted, the sdb disk to ext3, but it also failed to mount, and gparted labeled it as unknown, despite claiming successful formatting.

Any help appreciated on how to install ubuntu-eee properly to the internal SSD disks.