[Question #51584]: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 11s!

I replaced with wifi card in my Eee 901 with a  GIGABYTE WI07HT.

Upon booting Ubuntu Eee I was greated with BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 11s!

It works fine with BT3. To get it working in Ubuntu I had to either disable wifi in BIOS, or disable acpi (from GRUB load-up options). Which is obviously not the ideal situation for a laptop - no acpi = no battery management etc.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to solve this maybe?

I'm using madwifi-ng drivers. Asus Eee PC 901. Up to date Ubuntu Eee.