[Question #52134]: Update manager does not install updates

After the initial install last week on my 701 4g, everything went fine. Install manager installed many updates etc. Since the last major update the install the update manager will not now install.  I am informed of updates, I click install,  it reads package information and then nothing happens.  Through the terminal I have done a sudo apt-get update and upgrade and that works. I dont know how to select what to install and not install through the terminal so  I would like to have the synaptics manager working normally. Any tips?