[Question #53972]: Want to install Ubuntu ISO WITHOUT persistance (i.e. RO)

This may sound stupid.  But I have a setup where i can build a custom ISO of Ubuntu (or Kubuntu, etc) with all the changes and software and drivers I want, then I can put this ISO onto a flash drive or USB.  I would like to do this onto a EEE device, but I DON"T want persistence.   That sounds stupid, but if you have a limited write on a flash drive, I would prefer to keep the mounted flash as read only and put in something else for the data via USB.  I create non-persistent Kubuntu flash drives for installation into regular laptops currently, but am interested in the smaller EEE footprint.  My normal home laptop is a read only Kubuntu machine and it works well.  The parts I need to update are updated before I burn the ISO, so there is very little needed to be done, and it works very well.