[Question #53995]: Dell Vostro 1200 - suspend only works once

Running Ubuntu 8.10 with all upgrades applied on a Dell Vostro 1200.

>From a fresh boot, I can place the unit into suspend mode, then it will resume and work OK when required.

The second time suspend is activated, it will enter suspend mode fine but won't resume. Blank screen only. Seems to start powering up but nothing proceeds. Fan doesn't even speed up like it normally does so it seem like it's getting stuck at a fairly low level in the resume process.

Any ideas?