[Question #54954]: Boot from CD - excape key @ boot doesnot seem to work

I am trying to install Ubuntu on an eeePC 1000h The escape key does not seem to give me access to the boot menu, as it says in the manual.  How do I get access to that and/or to the bios menu?  I don't remember having this problem in the fall when I had just gotten it and examined started the Ubuntu load, but decided to do it later when I had more time to pursue problems (now)

I am planning to double boot this system. It came with Windows Xp installed, not my first choice but the hardware I wanted (160GB HD) was only available with windows.  I got into the boot menu and used the ubuntu disk to examine the Hard drive then and discovered there are  two 80 GB logical partitions  on a 200 GB hard drive, and will likely install Ubuntu on the blank 40 GB, or on a repartition of that and the second logical 80 GB disk as a new partition-a 120 GB partition

 Will  GRUB work with this Bios?