Re: [Question #43167]: Camera still not working with 8.04.1

Bob Kaplan requested for more information:
Hi - I just joined. I'm a relatively inexperienced Linux user. I just
installed the latest Ubuntu EEE on my Asus eee 900. As others in this
thread have mentioned, I too have a problem with my built in web cam.
The system doesn't recognize it at all. It worked fine when running the
generic Linux which came with the Asus eee 900. Someone mentioned
turning it on in the BIOS. I have no idea of how to do this. Can you
give me some more explicit directions. Is there some other way perhaps,
to fix this problem. I do know enough to turn on the terminal window and
enter Linux commands. Otherwise, I'm delighted with Ubuntu, when
compared to the Linux provided by Asus.