Re: [Question #41080]: Input/output error during install

Damian Frick proposed the following answer:
Well, your success story helped mine back on the feet. ;)
Same problem, same solution.

But, in my case the Memtest clearly hinted to the error. (One of my RAM
slots seems to be broken) After removing the RAM from the broken slot it
installed like a charm.

It would be nice if the possibility of faulty memory could be added to
the error message, would make things a lot easier and a lot less time
consuming. ;)