[Question #59037]: How do I find and install new software?

New question #59037 on Easy Peasy:

I am a new owner of anEEC PC 4G onto which I have installed the Easy Peasy 8.1.1 OS.

I want to install a program into which I can input my Quicken files and have downloaded Gnucash onto my desktop Windows computer.

Once I put this on my USB drive, how do I install it on the EEE PC?? If this is not a suitable program, suggestions regarding a better one would be great. I have used CPM, DOS and most Windows OS's but this is my first encounter with Linux.

I have searched the forum but could not find an answer so I am sorry if I am duplicating previous requests. If I am, please just point me to the right place!

Many thanks in advance,

Nick M

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.