[Question #59340]: Ubuntu-based distros do not install on my eee 901 - hang at initramfs busybox prompt

New question #59340 on Easy Peasy:

I've spent some time now trying to get any recent ubuntu-based distro, including easy peasy, to install on my eee 901. I've downloaded direct and using torrent. In all cases checksums are correct. I've tried installing from 1G usb stick and 2G SD card. I've created the installer with unetbootin, isotostick.sh and live-usb creator (the redhat one). All of these approaches give exactly the same problem: the install hangs at a "busybox initramfs" prompt. In contrast, Fedora 10 installs cleanly without any issues (bar wireless support).

I believe that this points to a serious (for me) bug somewhere in the ubuntu code. I greatly prefer the debian package manager to the redhat one so would very much like to get easy peasy installed. I have seen this issue posted on a few other forums. As this problem is highly reproducible, can anyone advise on how to move forward with this? I'm happy to post any output needed to diagnose this.

Cheers!

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.