Re: [Question #59340]: Ubuntu-based distros do not install on my eee 901 - hang at initramfs busybox prompt

Question #59340 on Easy Peasy changed:

Buz Cory proposed the following answer:
I probably can't help you myself but anyone who can, could probably use
the info mentioned below.

If it stops at a prompt, it is not "hung", it is awaiting input. It
would help to know what input it was waiting for (IOTW, the message just
before the prompt).

This problem would probably be "easily reproducible" if one happened to
have [access to] an eee 910 (whatever that is). I do know that some
hardware causes problems during the install-device boot process.

It occurs to me that what is causing the problem is that you are booting
the installer from a ram device, apparently your "eee 910" lacks a CD
drive, even an external one.

It strikes me that if your "eee 910" can  boot from an external CD, and
you could obtain the use of one, you might be able to boot from that.

BTW, in case you don't know, "busybox" replaces /bin/sh and practically
everything else that would ordinarilly be in /bin, so almost any message
during the initial boot phase would come from busybox.

== Buz

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.