Re: [Question #56027]: disable touchpad tapping

Question #56027 on Easy Peasy changed:

Russ Montello proposed the following answer:
I would like to give Tommy a big thank-you.  I have been struggling with this touchpad issue for many days.  Some have said, "if this is such a big issue" switch to XP.  Others solutions didn't work for EP 1.0.  Most involved changing SHMConfig to true, on or yes in several different places.  Tommy's post gives me a better operating touchpad then I even hoped for (better than XP).  One extra bonus is, that I previous installed a module called gsynaptics v 0.9.14-6 that gave me an error again about SHMConfig and stopped.  Now that same option (a separate program on Preference) has four tabs for setting touchpad operation.  Some of the options aren't implemented on my system i.e. horizontal and circular scrolling, but most do work.
Thanks again Tommy

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.