Re: [Question #56027]: disable touchpad tapping

Question #56027 on Easy Peasy changed:

Tommy Trussell proposed the following answer:
Thank you for the kind words. I agree about the touchpad -- apparently
its behavior under stock easypeasy or eeebuntu doesn't bother most geeky
folk, but it drove me crazy (even though I too am on the geeky side).
;-) You may notice there are LOTS of options you can turn on and off
even if you don't have a GUI app... but what a hassle... see the
synaptics man page for excruciating descriptions of what the options
mean.

I wanted to also mention that the standard behavior of syndaemon (the
application that shuts off the trackpad when you're typing) is a bit
annoying, too. I personally don't run it the way I showed in my
instructions.

My ACTUAL entry in the Sessions application looks like this (which I
simplified because I didn't want to make it too confusing):

syndaemon -d -k -i 1

[to translate: the -d means to do this in the background. The -k means
to ignore modifier keys like control, so you can control-click. and the
-i 1 means to pause only one second rather than the default two
seconds.]

>From a terminal you can learn more about the syndaemon options by
reading its man page OR by entering syndaemon -h which will show you the
valid options and quit.

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.