Re: [Question #61187]: Can't get the partitioning right to install Easy Peasy from a USB stick on a 2G EeePC Surf.

Question #61187 on Easy Peasy changed:

Synergy gave more information on the question:
Thanks for your help. I know one of the other answers recommended not
using the card, except for files and documents, and have the operating
system on the main drive, with no swap.

As for your other questions, I am not sure how to find out any of these
things, since the eee was handed off to me without any documentation.
Although I can get the eee to run off the USB stick, I am completely new
to Ubuntu. I could find out the ram and change it if it were Windows,
but don't know where to look in this interface. I did try a bit, but got
confused and wasted more time I could not afford.

Ah, the irony of a wonderful productivity tool (so I thought) that has
now cost me more in my own time than if I had bought a new one with more
G's. Lesson learned.

I think I have reached the limit of my 'self-taught, navigational
playing around in the guts' abilities now, and have spent far too much
time trying over and over again to make this work. I will just have to
wait until I save a bit of money and go find someone I can pay, who can
do this FOR me.

I really appreciate you trying, but I am feeling really frustrated, and
I think the next step is to find a more geekish nerd than myself in the
real-time face to face world. Discouraged, but still resolved to get
this thing working, I carry on!

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.