ubuntu-eo team mailing list archive

Ubuntu Global Jam - Feb 6-8, 2015

Hello,

I write you in your capacity as LoCo admin/contact, because this cycle's
Ubuntu Global Jam is announced and will happen on 6-8 February 2015.
It's the event where a lot of Ubuntu LoCo teams get together to work on
Ubuntu together, to promote it and to have fun.

As always we have some good documentation up at [1] explaining how to
best go about planning the event for your LoCo team. We also provide a
short video to explain the most basic steps [2].

It's a good idea to reach out to your team as soon as you can, find out who
can help with the planning of which bits and also to find out who's interested
in doing what. Once you have at least the basic details ready, add your
event to [3].

We just announced the LoCo Team Global Jam packs. If you want to have
one of those, check out [4] to find out how to request one. Do it as soon
as you can or timing will get tight.

I'm sure you are going to have a great time with your team, so please
share your story about how the whole event went. The world wants to know
about all the great things you do in your country.

If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch. Another good
place to be signed up to is the loco-contacts@ mailing list [5], which you
should be signed up to in any case. :-)

What we are going to do as well is a Google Hangout on Ubuntu-on-Air. If you
want to get a quick run-through on how these events work or if you
want to ask all the questions you might have, check out our
calendar [6] to find out when we are going to hang out.

If you are up for real-time discussion, check out #ubuntu-locoteams on
freenode [7].

One last point: promote, share, re-share all the great things you see!

  [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
  [2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITk8PGBkMXQ
  [3] http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/2967/
  [4] http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2015/01/20/ubuntu-loco-team-global-jam-packs/