ubuntu-game-dev team mailing list archive

Unredirect(ed) Fullscreen Windows

All,

As you probably know, "unredirecting" fullscreen windows is the primary solution for making fullscreen gaming as fast as possible under Compiz/Unity.

So I'm happy to announce that this feature is now turned on by default. The switch has been flicked in these Compiz releases:
    0.9.7.12 for precise (due in release 12.04.2, January)
    0.9.8.6  for quantal (work in progress for an SRU)
    0.9.9.0  for raring (already released in raring updates)

Limitations: The driver stability problems observed with nouveau and intel on precise have only been worked around. If Compiz finds you're using nouveau or intel with Mesa 8.0 then the feature will be disabled. You can configure this blacklist in CCSM > OpenGL.

Any issues? Then please log a bug in Launchpad. I am on vacation till January so will not reply to emails.

Happy gaming and happy holidays.

- Daniel

Follow ups