ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu Gaming Team

> I looked at the blog post you pointed out. You should stay away of such
> a stupid thing as a blog for hating something. Indeed the blog post is
> biased. If you follow the link, you'll find a set of normal questions
> from a non-linux game developer, and the first answers that they got are
> entirely reasonable. There's not so much to say: SDL is dated but it's
> working well. OpenGL is the state-of-the-art 3d graphics library.
> That's what i can read in the replies.

Not at all. The Linux Hater's blog is a Linux advocate who is showing
what is wrong with Linux and the FOSS community in general.

> And the conclusion is that linux for now may have worse tools, but
> you'll surely get the job done.

The conclusion was that the dev was attacked by the Linux community
for various reasons, mostly his unwillingness to have GCC, Xorg and
other components patched. He did not want a kludge.

The problem is that Linux does not yet offer a stable API to game
devs. Just look at Pulse Audio.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com