ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu Gaming Team

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 09:50 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> Danny Piccirillo wrote:
> > In recognition of the value of FOSS gaming, the Ubuntu Gaming Team has
> > been formed of mutual benefit to Ubuntu and FOSS gaming. As of today,
> > the team is now open for anyone to join and participate in. Working
> > towards improving FOSS games and developing its community will turn a
> > significant barrier against Ubuntu adoption into an appealing reason
> > to switch.
> >
> > The Ubuntu Gaming Team will work to address the obstacles hindering
> > growth in FOSS gaming such as the need for effective distributed
> > content management or significant investment in free content
> > development in order to promote FOSS gaming through Ubuntu and Ubuntu
> > through FOSS gaming. New ideas are encouraged and appreciated.
>
> So is not about taking in part in code development?

This team already has one or more members who are active FOSS game
engine/graphic developers, so code development is not out of the
question.

This team may act in some part I hope as a discussion area that can
cover games already in Ubuntu and things that maybe wanted in the
future. Already some bugs related to games in Ubuntu have been pushed
towards the team and have begun to be processed - so things are moving
already.

This team I hope will also be an area for subjects related to what about
Ubuntu may obstruct game development and make things easier in future
for those who wish to produce games and content etc. But that is a
discussion for later.

Regards

Phil

<snipped rest for now>