ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu Gaming Team

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 16:14 +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Philip Wyett <philwyett@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Teams/Games
> >
> > This old and defunct page is very lacking.
>
> The page currently reads:
>
> ,----
> | THIS TEAM IS NOT ACTIVE ANYMORE
> |
> | There is currently no active MOTU Games team anymore. All of the former
> | members now contribute directly in the Debian Games Team. Please see the
> | following Page for more information:
> |
> | http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Development
> `----
>
> That is totally accurate, but I agree that the page could definitivly be
> improved.

It could. Maybe additions of:

 - List of participants.
 - A collecting of the more useful links to get you started from the
   Debian wiki.
 - Reporting of bugs in Ubuntu and then recommended but voluntary how
   to check Debian bugs and go through that process.

Whilst musing... I know we have now the team to market and promote which
is this one and we have a void of no devel team visible on the Ubuntu
side any longer. Would it be feasible to maybe setup a games swat team
that folks to join which users can subscribe bugs too for those who are
interested and wish to do the work of linking to existing Debian bugs or
creating them at the Debian side where necessary?

If somebody wishes to help fix and patch a bug after that is even
better. ;-)

Regards

Phil