ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: Possibly a great Idea to reach more players

This idea sounds pretty cool, as I understand it, you will have a full
screen interface like Elisa or Ubuntu Netbook Remix, instead of just being a
windowed app like Mirthkit or DJL (mirthkit also only seems to support games
developed for it)

The only problem I see regards the fact that people don't /just/ play games
a lot of the time. You like to have controll over your music, have an im
client or irc open, heck, even browse the web a lot of the time.. Having an
interface that limits you to gaming could be problematic, maybe solved by
integrating those activities into the app?

But barde, definitely check out DJL <http://en.djl-linux.org/> in the
meanwhile, the team has similar objectives and making a nice
interface/adding functionality to the project would be awesome :)